Monday, March 25, 2013

Memories - Andrew

I am busy cleaning out...getting ready for a garage sale this weekend and starting to pack up what I can in anticipation of our move across country this summer. 

I came upon the following letter written Christmas 2002.  Andrew was six and he asked to write the following:

Merry Christmas! 

How have you been?  I asked mommy if I could write a letter to everybody, because I want to tell you about Jesus.

Jesus died on the cross, and His heavenly Father sent Him to the world and He was laid in a manger and He grew up and told others about God, then He died, but He rose again.  He did this because He loved us.  I feel like God loves me a lot, to not let me die from my cancer.  I'm really glad that nothing bad happened to me, because I like being here with Mommy and Daddy, but if I had died I would be in heaven with Jesus, and that would be good.  I know I would be in heaven because I believe in God and Jesus.  I prayed and asked Jesus to come in my heart two years ago.  I hope you asked Jesus in your heart, because I want to see you in heaven.

This is my favorite song:

Our God is an Awesome God
He reigns from heaven above
With wisdom, power, and love
Our God is an Awesome God

Our God is an Awesome God
He reigns from heaven above
With wisdom, power, and love
Our God is an Awesome God 

Thank you for praying for me and sending me cards.  I love you.  Have a Merry Christmas.

Love,
Andrew Lee

What a blessing to find this and to remember what we all went through when Andrew had cancer and to see where we are today.  It brings back many memories and I am so thankful that Andrew is still here, that God's will for him to be with us:)  Love you Andrew.

 

2 comments:

  1. That is really sweet!! What wonderful memories from when you guys lived here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how sweet. :) It's great for a six year old to think that way and to have God in his heart so young. You guys are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete