Monday, July 15, 2013

Moving

Moving...it is a challenge

There are many reasons that moving is hard, some are very obvious:

saying goodbye to friends
packing
going through things
finding a new home
learning your way around a new area
finding new doctors etc.

Some of the things you don't always think of:

...leaving your kids height on the wall and knowing you will never see it again
...going places and almost always running into someone you know
...the sound your house makes
...the smell of your house
...feeling an attachment to your home and knowing there will be things you    will miss

I know God has a plan and is in control and for that I am thankful.  I will admit though that I am only human and somedays the unknown seems very overwhelming.  I think I am just going to keep my eyes on Jesus and trust in Him, because tonight I am just really sad and I am going to miss my life in Florida. 

I have lived here for 10 years in a row and a total of 14 years all together.  I can say that about no other state.  Here are the totals:

Florida: 14 years
Colorado: 8 years
California: 6 years
South Carolina: 4 years
Texas:  4 years
Virgina:  3 years
Tennesse:  1 year

I guess I am just feeling nostalgic tonight.  I wish I could stop time and yet also see what next adventure is to come.


2 comments:

  1. Aw, don't make me cry. I will miss you guys so much. I'm so glad though that God allowed us to be friends for the little time that He did. I love you guys. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss you all! I am very sorry to see such a sweet family leave to the other side of the country, but am inspired by your almost blind walk of faith that God has for you now. Go well, and love to all!

    ReplyDelete